Hi all,

I led a DFO trip this morning to Prospect Park in Wheatridge, Jefferson County.
It was a beautiful morning, despite the temps being on the cool side. Passerine
migrants were pretty much non-existent besides Yellow-rumps, but we made up for
it with an eclectic mix of good sightings. Highlights are

Virginia Rail with babies - on the south side of West Lake there is a
boardwalk, from there we first saw an adult, then three of us had three
separate sightings of what would have to be at least one, probably two,
hatchlings. Is it way too early?
Broad-winged Hawk - one flying low over us and kept going north, giving us good
looks but we can use a longer one
American Bittern - pretty much the first bird of the official trip, landed on a
tree to give everyone a good scope view

Plegadis ibis - 3 of them, presumably white-faced, never did land for a look
Peregrine Falcon - a quick flyby

Chishun Kwong
Superior, CO