Greetings, All.

Today Jeanne and I went to Big Johnson in search of the Red-necked Grebe
reported last evening on Cobirds. The short report is yes we saw it.

Now for details. Between 2pm and 3pm we got three looks at the grebe as it came
out from the point just north of the unpaved viewing area. The first time we
saw it, there was a ruckus that had seven Snowy Egrets fly up from the same
area. The grebe came out right into our scope's view. There were dozen's of
Western/Clark's Grebe in the area. What caught our attention was that this bird
was smaller than the others and was not the well-defined black and white
coloring of the Westerns.

Over the next hour we scanned the reservoir and saw the grebe two more times.
Highlights included one Common Loon, a large group of Wilson's Phalaropes, a
beautiful Common Merganser, many Gadwalls, Ruddys, and other ducks. We got
several good looks at the egrets, but we did not see the Avocets, Willets, or
other birds mentioned by Mark.

If you go, please be patient.

Good birding, all!

Mel and Jeanne Goff