Greetings!

Today was a great day to bird at FCNC. Ken Pals led the annual spring count and
we had a great time.

Jeanne and I worked Area 4, then after the group meeting we birded areas 2 and
3.

Highlights:

Area 4 (including warbler alley): Western Tanagers, Cedar Waxwings, Swainson's
Thrushes, Gray Catbird, adult Bushtit feeding two young.

Area 3 (Rice's Pond): Green Herons (2), Spotted Sandpipers. A Sora was
reported, but we did not see it.

Area 2: Summer Tanager, Lazuli Bunting, Indigo Bunting, Ovenbird, Rose-breasted
Grosbeak pair.

More were seen by others but those were our highlights.

Mel Goff

Colorado Springs