Hi Cobirders
I had to walk the dog before birding at Lowell Ponds this afternoon. A male
Yellow-headed Blackbird was at Rocky Mountain Lake Park (Denver). He was on
the grass near the playground. I saw one at the edge of the lake in the
same general area on April 25. A pair of Ruddy Duck were on the lake.
I took the dog home and drove toward Lowell Ponds. At about 54th Ave and
Lowell (Adams Co) I saw a hawk land on a telephone pole, I stopped to look
and another hawk landed on her. They were Swainson's. After breeding, he
flew around and she ate a snake she had carried to the perch. Both birds
provided good views.
Not much at Lowell Ponds (Adams Co). Snowy Egret and American Avocet were
the best bIrds.
Bob Canter, Denver