I am heading out to Last Chance shortly and will send a note
to Cobirds when I get back. I heard that the roads have
reopened.
 Based on news reports, I think the motel in Last Chance has been
very destroyed, and it would be very unlikely that the oasis escaped.

The fire started along Highway 71, four miles south of Last Chance, and
roared north
through there, crossing Hway 36 and was not 100% contained until
it had run 6 or 8 miles north of 36, along Hway 71. The fire was said to
have been
ignited by sparks from a tire blow-out on a vehicle traveling south of Last
Chance
on Hway 71.

Joe Roller,
Denver