Greetings All,

Different group of birds at Bear Creek Lake Park (BCLP) this morning. I walked the same circular route as yesterday from Pelican Point along the lake edge to the inlet where Bear Creek enters the lake and back to Fitness Station #1. Highlight of the day was a good, but quick glance of a Nashville Warbler popping up in the willows near the inlet.

Pelican Point - 2 first winter Audubon's Warblers, a mixed flock including Warbling Vireos, Wilson's and Yellow Warblers, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, and a Willow Flycatcher. Also had several Spotted Towhees at the edge of the lake, which leads me to believe they are migrants.

Inlet @ Bear Creek - Nashville Warbler, Yellow and Wilson's Warblers, and a Willow Flycatcher as far as migrants. Breeders still hanging around included Western Wood-Pewee, Gray Catbird, Lazuli Bunting, both American and Lesser Goldfinches as well as Song Sparrows and House Wrens.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County