All -

Today Charlie Lawrence, Chris Owens, Dick Schottler, Joey Kellner and
I headed out east for a day of chilly birding.

Joey already posted the highlights from Last Chance (below).

We spent several hours birding Jackson, braving the gooey mud to take
in the continued shorebird festival and searching for passerines in
the state park campgrounds.

If I counted correctly, we had 14 species of shorebirds:
22 American Golden-Plovers
1 Black-bellied Plover
2 Sanderlings
10 Pectoral Sandpipers
a handful of lingering Stilt Sandpipers
a few Semipalmated Sandpipers and Wilson's Phalaropes
amongst the American Avocets, Least & Baird's Sandpipers, Long-billed
Dowitchers, Killdeer, Lesser & Greater Yellowlegs

The campground hosted good numbers of birds; however the species
variety wasn't terribly notable with large numbers of American Robins
and Yellow-rumped Warblers.  We did manage to locate one Townsend's
Warbler and one Wilson's warbler in with all the Yellow-rumps.  We
also found two White-throated Sparrows.  We had NO vireos.

One final note: We also had approximately Sandhill Cranes pass over Jackson.

Good birding.

Kathy Mihm Dunning
Denver