I currently have an immature male broad-tailed hummingbird in the backyard
feeding on flowers and feeder. At one point he seemed to be gleaning half
frozen bugs off of our raspberry leaves (video). He has a huge belly full
of fat and appears healthy. 23 degree low tonight! Keep eating little guy!

Please view video below to see what you think he may be doing on the
raspberry leaves and to double check that I have identified him correctly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvCZP5DILw4&feature=plcp

Brrrrd

Alison Kondler
Jefferson County, CO