I learned alesson this week. In order to set a date for our Denver
Audubon Beginning bird class togo to the Wheat Ridge Greenbelt, I went to eBird
to see what weeks in Octoberwould have the most birds. To my dismay, eBird had
a  paltry number of reports- 6in 2011, 3 each in 2010 and 2009. [None included
our class tripsthose years.  .  .  . ]
            The lessonI took from this (though I didn’t get much help in
picking a date):
Post your observations to eBird even if you deem themordinary and
run-of-the-mill. Somebody might have a use for even the mundane.[And of course,
monitoring bird populations involves tracking common birds.]
            Also, if Cobirds’eBird monitor sees this – a suggestion-
Allow a records search for Octobers, several years at a time,instead of the
laborious one-year-at-a-time process.

Hugh Kingery
Franktown, CO