Folks,

I started off at Last Chance, not expecting much but hoping for Red-breasted
Sapsucker.  I poked around the pond and the Black-throated Blue was nowhere to
be found.  There was a Sora, Wilson's Warbler, Yellow-rumped Warblers,
Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Hermit Thrushes, White-crowned Sparrows, Lincoln
Sparrows, Pink-sided Juncos and a Red-naped Sapsucker.  So I headed across the
road and the first bird I see is a Hermit Warbler (likely a first fall male).
I took a few pics and continued around the dilapidated motel.  More Hermit
Thrushes and Ruby-crowned Kinglets.  I headed south into Lincoln county and
found a few goodies, including 2 Rusty Blackbirds, an Eastern Phoebe and an
interesting stub-tailed wren.  All throughout the day, groups of Sandhill
Cranes were headed south.  It was fun just hearing them as I looked for other
goodies.

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO
http://www.pbase.com/gwalbek/2012_birds