Yesterday I found an adult and a juvenile white Snow Goose feeding in an ag
field on MacKenzie Ave (about a half mile north of the Arkansas River on
the east side of the road) along with a couple hundred American Crows,
about a hundred Canada Geese and 8 Greater White-fronted Geese (first of
the season).  I could not locate the Snow Geese or Greater White-fronted
Geese today though the crows were further east of town in ag fields.  The
fields on MacKenzie they were feeding in are Dept of Corrections property
and there are more of their ag fields up the hill to the east that are not
visible from any public area--many geese and other birds feed on their
property that cannot be accessed (trespassing on these properties will get
you busted as they have staff watching all the time and they take trespass
seriously)

Today I found a single adult male Eastern Bluebird on my friends property
just east of Canon City.  I could not locate other Eastern Bluebirds there
but had seen several distant bluebirds in the area that may have also been
Eastern.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
Blogging for Birds and Blooms magazine @