Species Seen:             Common Redpoll, Adult Male (I think)
Location (General):     Golden Gate Canyon State Park, Jefferson County
Location (Specific):     Ralston Roost Picnic Area; first picnic table you
get to from the Visitors Center.
Time:                           0700-0718 and again 0830-0834
Distance:                     ~7 - 25 feet
Observers:                  Just myself
Photo Documentaion:  Yes.  Links below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/8164563878/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/8164529515/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/8164563450/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/8164563000/in/photostream

Additional Information:  After almost going to Prosect Park yesteraday and
ending up at Cherry Creek instead, I was a little annoyed at myself that I
missed the Common Redpolls reported there.  Upon hearing of both
reports yesterday, I decided that I would go on a blantant quest for
redpolls this morning.  I whittled my location choices down to four last
night, and this morning I finally decided to try Golden Gate.  Other than
some flybys of robins, jays, and a Downy Woodpecker, the first bird that I
saw on land was this Common Redpoll.  Life is good sometimes.

John Breitsch
Denver, CO
http://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/