I did a tour of lakes in the mountains today braving the ominous weather
report.
Spinney Res and 11 Mile were downright boring no scoters and very low duck
diversity. Although I may have missed a lot as most ducks were very far
away and Spinney was very windy. I did have a group of ~15 American Tree
Sparrows at 11 mile.

Buena Vista however was a real treat I had six corvids species including a
group of 50+ Pinon Jays, Lewis Woodpecker in town and Ice Lake had twice as
many duck species as Spinney and 11 mile combined. This included two
White-winged Scoters and around 20 Barrow's Goldeneye, also a few more Tree
Sparrows. Not many places where I can have that bird list.

Clear Creek Res had nothing exciting but over 200 individual birds far more
than I have seen in the past.

Nearby Lake County was much less exciting just a few Barrow's on Mt. Elbert
Forebay.

Dillon Res was had few birds and has a very low water level. The best birds
were a female Red-breasted Merganser and a few Barrow's Goldeneye. Green
Mountain Res had a grand total of eight individual ducks.

All in all a pleasant day in the mountains with all the roads being snow
free (excepting Mt. Elbert Forebay) and all lakes being ice free.

Nick Moore
Boulder CO