Finally!  After spending the last few weeks as one of very few remaining
holdouts who had not seen sandhill cranes this fall, I figured it just
wasn't gonna happen for me this year :(.   Then yesterday I took a
lunchtime walk and saw four just after noon, flying southwest about 1.5
miles east of Hwy 36 and Yarmouth Ave in north Boulder :).  At first I
figured they were probably geese as I wasn't very close, but raised my
binocs and Voila!  After I saw them, they vocalized just a little.  They
circled a couple of times but didn't seem to be gaining much altitude and
kept flying southwest.

Bev Baker
Louisville, CO