For now, I appreciate all the opinions. One of my goals is not only to
allow a little
discreet bird feeding, but see if the Rangers can be coaxed into
putting up a detour
for the mountain bikers.
I'll chill for now and work towards what is best for the bird,
the birders and the Park. It's a real opportunity for the Park to get
some publicity
based on the out of state birders who are poised to fly out here. The extra fees
pale in comparison to a newspaper article, a nice note to the head of Lakewood
State Parks from ABA, warm fuzzy feelings, etc, etc.

Thanks again for the input.
Joe Roller,
Denver