Hello,

I saw the Rusty Blackbird on Boulder Creek, upstream (west) of 75th on Nov 28
at 10:15.   It was feeding in the river muck on the north-sided waters edge,
just west of where the water from the treatment plant flows into Boulder Creek,
under the pipeline that crosses the creek.   It was feeding with a flock of
red-winged blackbirds.   A Common Grackle also came into feed with the flock,
as did a song sparrow.    4 mallards were also having a grand time digging in
the muck.   Machinery at the water plant fired up and scared all but the
mallards away... But they didn't go far so I imagine they'd come back down to
feed.

Since I wasn't sure where along the creek I might find the rusty blackbird, I
headed directly to the creek from the parking lot.   I saw an American Dipper
immediately upon reaching the creek.   Where the concrete path meets the creek,
there were approximately 8-10 mallards feeding in the muck, a Wilson's snipe,
and a Northern flicker.

Maureen Blackford
Boulder County