Greetings All,
Just finishing a glorious day of birding in Pueblo and Fremont Counties with
Nick Moore. We started at Pueblo City Park where we were delighted to have the
company of Brandon Percival. We then went with Brandon to Pueblo Res, and from
there on our own to Fremont. Birds were plentiful and active on this warm and
mostly windless, or wind-reduced, day.
HIGHLIGHTS:
Pueblo City Park-
Yellow-throated Warbler in sycamores near main duck pond
Wilson's Warbler
Chipping Sparrow at edge of duck pond with juncos
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker near duck pond
2 Hermit Thrushes, one of which was of the montane subspecies
3 Pygmy Nuthatches
2 Cassin's Finches
1 Red Crossbill
1 Evening Grosbeak

Pueblo Reservoir-
1 Great BB Gull
1 Pacific Loon
1 Western x Clark's Grebe
Nearly 200 Bonaparte's Gulls
2 Lesser BB Gulls
Nearly 2000 Eared Grebes
4 Common Loons

Florence River Park
2 Swamp Sparrows
2 Marsh Wrens

McKenzie Street ponds s of Canon City:
Great Egret
3 G White-fronted Geese

Headed home to rest up
Good Birding,
Steve Mlodinow and Nick Moore (currently at Monument, CO)

Sent from my iPhone