Hi John

About your strange mammal--we've been seeing a mange Red Fox of late
perhaps this is your alien mammal?  I snapped photo a month ago--she drinks
at our bird water feeder out front on occasion--and DOW reported it was a
mange Red Fox. At first I thought it was a "dingo" ... :-)

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/
Mobile: http://coloradobirder.ning.com/m