Posted on behalf of JB Hayes.

"Hi, I stopped at SPR [South Platte Reservoir] for a few minutes this a.m.
A large chunk of the east end is open. A scope is required.  There was a
Long-tailed Duck (winter female or first-year male), a dozen Ruddy Ducks,
and a mixed flock of 25 Lesser and Greater Scaup.  There are lots of gulls,
but all I could make out for sure were Herring and Ring-billed...Thanks  JB
[Hayes]"

I, personally stopped by there this afternoon and found these same birds.

South Platte Reservoir, Arapahoe, US-CO
Jan 18, 2013 3:50 PM - 4:10 PM
Protocol: Stationary
16 species