Greetings All,

Today David Dowell and I birded "down south."

We started the day at the Acorn Woodpecker spot on the edge of Colorado
Springs... Willow Circle off the west end of Cheyenne. This neighborhood is
extremely birdy. About 1 hour after sunrise, the ACORN WOODPECKER suddenly
became noisy and provided excellent views. We also had a NORTHERN GOSHAWK
strafe the neighborhood and large numbers of birds (50 or so Stellar's Jays,
10-20 Pygmy Nuthatches, etc). The other bird "of interest" in the vicinity was
an Eastern Downy Woodpecker

At Centennial Park in Canon City, we had hundreds of wigeon, a female duck that
looked like an Am Wigeon x N Pintail, but no Euro Wigeon.

The gulls did not come in to the usual roosting spot at Pueblo Res. However, in
the early afternoon, 3 species of loon (RED-THROATED, PACIFIC, and Common) were
visible from near the N Marina and so was a CLARK'S GREBE and a CLARK'S x
WESTERN GREBE. Near the N Marina, we had the GBB GULL adult and the adult MEW
GULL as well as a N Mockingbird.

Good Birding
Steven Mlodinow