At 1:10 this afternoon, I heard something while biking that sounded like Cedar
Waxwings, but it didn't sound right and I wasn't sure it was a bird at first
since I was right next to the highway and not on my usual bike.  Heard it again
at slower speed and stopped to find them.  A flock of 85 (or so) birds flew
over me making a lower, huskier, distinctly un-Cedar Waxwing call.  Shape of
the birds was good for waxwing.  Strongly triangular wings (isosceles right
triangle), shortish squared-off tail, very Saab Gripen-like, but with a shorter
"nose" and longer tail (and less afterburners).  Backlit during entire flight
path when I saw them.

Birds flew from east to west, from east of foothills parkway to west of the
railroad tracks into Howard Hueston Park.  Would look for the birds there or in
the neighborhood to the east of Foothills parkway if looking again.  There
isn't good habitat for waxwings here near my office, it was just happenstance
that I was under them as they flew by.

Here is the location that I saw the birds if you need more reference:

http://goo.gl/maps/VlYhh

If you have any questions about this observation, let me know.

Bryan Guarente
Instructional Designer
The COMET Program
Boulder, CO