Hi, Cobirders.

Today Jeanne, E.B. Ellis, and I went in search of the mythical Bohemian
Waxwing. No luck, but we did see a group of Cedar Waxwings at Brush Hollow
Reservoir in Fremont County. Also at BHR were Common and Hooded Mergansers,
Redheads, Coots and Gadwalls.

On Barret Road west of CO-115 we saw lots of Mountain Bluebirds and had a
flyover of what we think were about 30 Evening Grosbeaks. The white spots on
the wings were quite clear.

At Turkey Creek Recreation Area (Fort Carson) we saw a lot of birds (of course
none were BOWAs). On road 9 at the north end of the property we saw well over
200 Mountain Bluebirds with a sprinkling of Western Bluebirds. We saw a couple
of Townsend's Solitaires, two Hairy Woodpeckers, a Ladderback Woodpecker,
several Flickers, but no Lewis's WP. There were a lot of Western Scrub Jays and
one Steller's Jay.

Good birding!

Mel Goff

Colo Spgs