Today at Cherry Creek State Park, 20 birders were able to see the continuing
juvenile Glaucous and Iceland Gulls (Thanks to Glenn Walbek for first
spotting these great birds), which were hanging out this morning at the bird
observation

"platform" off of the Prairie Loop.  We also had 5 Snow Geese (2 adults and
3 juveniles), first seen at the model airplane field (Thanks to Gene
Rutherford for the heads up this AM), then later at the Cottonwood Marsh
pond that is visible from the main park road.  A Great Horned Owl on a nest
was a nice treat (email me if you want to know where this bird can be
unobtrusively spotted).  No super early migrants, but distant calls from a
resident Virginia Rail and a juvenile Sharp Shinned Hawk were highlights at
the 12 mile nature trail.

Thanks to all for coming and braving the March winds!

Cheryl Teuton

Aurora, CO