Cobirds:
             Been spending the last 6 weekends animal tracking in the
mountains in Boulder and Larimer County.  And along the way I've managed to
get my left knee back on line, as well as get some birding in.  Stuff of
note:

A pair of eastern bluebirds (last weekend) - at Twin Lakes, Gunbarrel, just
off the Natilus Drive parking area along the ditch between the lakes - I
was told they had been reported already.

Mountain bluebirds in good numbers this weekend - Rocky Mountain National
Park, several locations;  Flatirons Vista in Boulder, and Along route 36
between Boulder and Lyons.

Bushtits are back in the Twin Lakes area, particularly the bike and walking
trails east of Spine Road

At Stearns Lake:   hundreds of great tailed grackles along with large
flocks of red-winged blackbirds and starlings (remember when birders in
Colorado would storm the ramparts to see a great tailed grackle?).
Also at Stearns:   bald eagle nest is easily observable from the parking
lot - look due west at the two big cottonwoods about 2/3 mile away (you'll
need a scope).

A group of 7 pine grosbeaks feeding on douglas fir buds - RMNP, Black Canyon

At least 12 Hairy  woodpeckers - drumming and foraging in RMNP, Cow Creek
area

Golden Crowned kinglets - 4 - Bear Creek Canyon, Boulder Mountain park

Great horned owls are well into nesting now - I'm surveying all the usual
spots in Boulder County and if the sites look good I'll proabably launch my
annual owl tour.

Also of note, here's what I logged animal tracking.  L = Larimer County;  B
= Boulder County

Elk - hundreds - B, L
Moose - 3 - B, L
Mule deer - dozens - B, L
Abert's squirrel - 4 - B, L
Pine squirrel - dozens - B, L
Jumping mice ssp:  several - B, L
Vole ssp:  several - B, L
Northern pocket gopher - dozens - B, L
Snowshoe hare - dozens - B, L
Nuttal's cottontail - several - B, L
Red fox - 4 - B, L
Fox ssp:  2 - B, L
Coyote - several - B, L
Bobcat - 1 - L
Mountain Lion - 3 - B, L
Pine Martin - 1 - L

1st wildflower seen at Flatirons Vista - townsendia ssp: or Easter Daisy.

John T  (Tumasonis),  Louisville CO