My wife (Lora), brother (Greg) and I birder the Bear Creek riparian corridor
(Jefferson County) from just west of C-470 to Bear Creek Lake on Saturday
morning.  We saw about 25 species including two male Northern Flickers fanning
their tails to impress a nearby female, a Cooper's Hawk pair tending a nest (we
unexpectedly spooked the female who flew to where the male was watching over
our activities), myriads of robins and European Starlings, several Song
Sparrows, a Red-tailed Hawk, both Mountain and Black-capped Chickadees, and a
host of other common species.  The one that took us by surprise was the FOY
Female Yellow-rumped Warbler (Audubon variety) high in the canopy in the
vicinity of the Cooper's Hawk nest (south side of Bear Creek).  After spotting
her, we keep our eyes open for other warblers in the area but found none.

Gary Witt
Greenwood Village, Arapahoe County, CO