We've had five American Kestrels hanging out in our yard for past 3-4
days--they seem to be a family unit(?); always hanging out with each
other(see photo below); always looking out for each other(?); and
hunting collectively(?).

Family unit:  We had one fly into window (and survived thankfully-we
have window decals, too); was on back; two other kestrels flew to
bird; one landed right next to bird; this bird touched its wing and
the injured bird stood up; it took about 15 minutes for the injured
bird to recover from stun; during that 15 minutes each of the four
other kestrels took turns and flew to recovering bird to "check in" on
health status--pretty AMAZING to watch for us.

As far as hunting; they would each fly across yard to stir large
flocks in our yard; we saw three Western Meadowlarks get attacked and
eaten by the five (see videos below).  One meadowlark was knocked out
of the air by kestrel; another meadowlark on ground got stunned by a
diving kestrel and the third was pounced on quickly by two of the
kestrels.

The other interesting behavior was all five kestrels looking to perch
on our eves--like swallows.

Here are four kestrels together:
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/photo/img-5702

Videos of kestrels eating meadowlarks: