Hi All,

A friend of our family in Grand Junction who manages a Moving and Storage
Company has acquired some rare books left by Rosalind Ray, the daughter of
Milton Ray, a wealthy industrialist, poet, and ornthinologist.  Milton S. Ray
is the wealthy San Francisco industrialist who developed Ray Park in San
Francisco and gave it his name.

Our friend would like some information on who to contact to assess the value of
the books, some of which are quite rare and valuable and others not as valuable
in monetary terms, but probably rare and/or one of a kind and likely of
interest to collectors or museums.  I would appreciate any help from folks out
there regarding experts in Rare Books, museum directors, collectors, or other
folks that might be knowledgeable about the value of rare books.  I have looked
at the books and all are in excellent condition, wrapped individually, and like
brand new.

Please reply to me off-line with questions or information.  A partial list of
some of the books includes:

The Birds of America by John J. Audubon Volumes 1-7             1840    Bound
in contemporary full dark brown Morocco with edges gilt.

The Birds of California by William Leon Dawson  Volumes 1-4     1923

A History of the Birds of Ceylon by Captain W. Vincent Legge, R.A.
Volumes 1-3             1880

The Birds of Florida by Harold H. Bailey                        1925

Birds of America by John Cassin         (1853-1855)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Mike Henwood
hawk...@aol.com

720-840-5070