Hello, everybody.

Glenn Walbek's exciting post (longspurs, Purple Martins, Common Terns) from
Cherry Creek Rez prompts me to note that I heard at Boulder Rez this morning,
Wed., May 1, something that sounded like a Purple Martin. Never saw it at all.
I think I heard the bird as it was flying above me in heavy snow, and then
maybe it briefly perched in the treetops, then put into flight again. Heard it
for about a minute, total. This was over in the copse just north of the main
(west) entrance.

Another one that got away. That's how it is when you have moderate snow blowing
horizontally off the lake...

Have fun out there!

Ted Floyd
tedfloy...@hotmail.com