Hi all,

A few things to add from today in SE Colorado.

Kara Carragher and I saw two Townsend's Warblers in Lamar.  One was near the
Blue-winged Warbler at Lamar Community College.  Another, was found flying into
a tree in front of the Frontier Bank on the east side of Oak Street in Lamar,
while we were stopped at a red light!  We saw a male Blackpoll Warbler, a
Harris's Sparrow, and male Red-bellied Woodpecker near Thurston Reservoir in
northern Prowers County.  We saw a molting male Summer Tanager at the Melody
Tempel Grove, in NE Bent County.  Also, present there today, were the male
Hooded Warbler, Cassin's Vireo, Eastern Phoebe, Red-bellied Woodpecker, female
Baltimore Oriole, and a Red-breasted Nuthatch.  Other birds at Lamar CC, the
usual Carolina Wren was singing, as was a Northern Cardinal, also two
Red-bellied Woodpeckers, a Harris's Sparrow, two White-throated Sparrows.
Thurston Reservoir, had a Sanderling, Stilt Sandpipers, Long-billed Dowitchers,
Willet.  At Lake Cheraw, there was a
 Peregrine Falcon, Snowy and Semipalmated Plovers.  A flooded field near by,
had some shorebirds too, Black-necked Stilts, Willet, Lesser Yellowlegs were
the best ones.

The leaves in most trees in SE Colorado are barely green or not green at all.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO