Hi COBirders,

We're still waiting for a big spring fall-out at Chico Basin Ranch (RMBO
banding station). We were CLOSE on Wednesday before being rained out by strong,
steady rains at 9am - we'd had 47 birds in the first two hours before that.
(all El Paso County side of the ranch)

Thursday we had a Marsh Wren banded, one we just don't get at the banding
station, although they are probably around more commonly.
It was not seen Friday.  Also an Ovenbird was seen after we closed, Thursday.

Friday we had several thrushes of four species, Swainson's, Hermit, a (first of
season) VEERY, and a FOS GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, another we don't get every
spring. Photos available.

We usually get (10-year average) about 200+ Swainson's Thrush every spring at
CBR, about 25-30% of our totals.  The peak should be in the next few days, but
we have seen probably less than 20 so far.

We're here when they decide to drop in!  Last day for banding is set for
Saturday, 5/18.

Happy Migration,

Steve Brown
Colorado Springs