During survey work this AM I was struck by the state of slow leaf out in
the cottonwoods. It made for amazing observing conditions for arriving
migrants, and it seems many species will arrive before well ahead of the
majority of leaf out, making for great but odd observing conditions. I was
especially struck by seeing Warbling Vireos and Orchard Orioles on bare
branches today!

--Scott

Scott E. Severs
Longmont, CO