Folks,

Steve Larson and I birded our way east yesterday in the wind and rain and back
today in wind.  Highlights include:

Monday 05/20

Prewitt SWA
nothing remarkable, some western migrants
Swainson's Thrush 20+

Akron Golf Course
Red-necked Phalarope (18)
ALDER FLYCATCHER (silent, very green Trail's with complete thin eyering and
long primary projection... no pics due to rain)
Northern Waterthrush
Baltimore Oriole (there for a week now)

USDA Woods
Red-headed Woodpecker

Yuma
Chimney Swift
Orange-crowned Warbler

Stalker Ponds
Great Egret
Stilt Sandpiper
peep (sp)
Red-headed Woodpecker
Swainson's Thrush 10+
Western Tanager
Northern Cardinal
Orchard Oriole many
Golden-winged Warbler 0, despite accurate directions from M. Peterson

Bonny SWA
Red-headed Woodpecker
Great-crested Flycatcher 2
Swainson's Thrush 10+
Hermit Thrush
Gray-cheeked Thrush
Nashville Warbler
Summer Tanager
Western Tanager
Black-headed Grosbeak
Blue Grosbeak
Indigo Bunting 4
Lazuli Bunting
PAINTED BUNTING female
Northern Cardinal
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole

Tuesday 05/21

Hale Ponds SWA
Red-headed Woodpecker 27
CAPE MAY WARBLER female
Northern Waterthrush
Orchard Oriole
Baltimore Oriole

We worked hard for the few goodies we found, walking many miles.  Bonny SWA is
still birdy despite the drained lake.  It was very nice to see dozens of
Red-headed Woodpeckers, Baltimore and Orchard Orioles, multiple buntings,
tanagers, thrushes and kingbirds.  Pics of Painted Bunting, Cape May Warbler
and others can be seen here...

http://www.pbase.com/gwalbek/2013_birds

Amazing pics of eastern warblers and more can be seen here...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lochkilpatrick

Glenn Walbek
Castle Rock, CO