I just went outside to listen (NW Longmont residence), and heard a bunch of
thrush calls.  Over a period of 8 minutes I had 40 thrush night flight calls
(mostly identified as Swainson's Thrushes).  This is a weird weather pattern to
be hearing so much night flight calling.  The culprit seems to be the
thunderstorms currently in Texas making mid-level outflow and driving the birds
down to less turbulent air.  Usually one would expect to get a decent night
flight during low clouds/overcast, but this is crystal clear skies.  Many birds
easily heard.

Had only two non-thrushes, but they were both upward "tseep"s that I wouldn't
dare make a call on.

Bryan Guarente
Instructional Designer
The COMET Program