Okay, so this observation is a little different. A couple of years ago, I
watched as a juvenile great blue heron caught a six-inch long fish, brought  it
up onto the grass 15 feet, peck at it twice, and then pick it up and put it
back in the water, after which he went right back hunting.
    Now, I was surprised enough that he didn't eat the fish, but was amazed
that he took it back to the water! What is that about?
     Deb Carstensen, Littleton, Arapahoe County

Sent from my iPhone