Birders,
As you may have heard, the recent 9 inch rain at Last Chance caused
flash-flooding
that played havoc with plantings and the drip irrigation system birders
installed in April. Area residents have been repairing it, but have asked
for help from birders.
*A few birders plan to meet at Last Chance at 0830 this Saturday, Sept 7*.
Sorry for the short notice,
but we thought there were enough hands on deck until a few backed out. We
need 4-5 more
workers for these tasks:
1)  replacing soil around the bases of trees and shrubs where the flood
scoured it away,
2)  finishing up restoring the drip system (on the job training - it's
simple and fun).
3)  spraying exotic plants, mainly the suckers of the nasty, invasive
Siberian elm which have sprouted from the bases of burned trees. Such
mitigation provides room for native species to grow.

If enough of us show up, the job should take only 3-4 hours. Birding has
been good there too.

What to bring:
Rough clothes and gloves, binocs.
Water, snacks (we will not bring pot luck as we have done on past work days)
Shovel, rake.
IF YOU have a hand sprayer we are short on those. (Caution - once a sprayer
is used for herbicide, it cannot be used for any other purpose later).
 We'll spray an agent that is approved for use near water.

Please email me at jroll...@gmail.com if you can join us.

Many thanks!

Joe Roller, Denver