The usual suspects were present on the water and shoreline, but the
rain seemed to
hide any passerines. I saw my first of the autumn Bonaparte's Gull (an
adult) just south of the mountain loop, and a handful of Black Terns,
along with a dozen shorebirds of the peep persuasion. Hundreds of Barn
Swallows were feeding over lake and land, but I could see no other
swallow species. About 500 Yellow-headed Blackbirds in a tight flock
hung out at the ponds of Cottonwood Creek, SW corner of the road
around the lake. Maybe another look if and when the rain stops
would turn up more birds.

Joe Roller,
Denver