We have scouted Cherry Creek Reservoir this morning,  and are pleased report
that we will be able to perform the fall count as planned. HOWEVER, you need
to know that there was a buckling of the asphalt involving the bridge that
flows over Cottonwood Creek.  The park is going to repair the surface, and
it can be crossed on foot, but NO CARS can pass over until repairs are
performed (which will be done in a time frame to be determined, according to
the workmen there this morning).  So, if you are coming, you CANNOT get to
the West Marina (our 8AM meeting place) by coming into the park on Parker
Road. You MUST either come across the dam or enter from Dayton (by Cherry
Creek High School).  Also, other things that will be of interest to
participants:

1.       We will be doing MORE WALKING than usual.  This is because of the
road closure, and because of standing water in places that are not usually
wet.

2.       Rubber boots or other water impervious footwear will be your friend
tomorrow!  As the rain appears to be abated, at least for now, water will
recede, but paths will be wet, muddy, and grass will be wet.

3.       Bug spray will be your second best friend tomorrow.  They're out
and they're hungry.

4.        We are formally counting for a full day tomorrow. Any and all are
welcome to stay for any part of the day, or the whole day.  Be sure to bring
snacks, lunch, and an amount of water appropriate for the duration of your
birding day.

5.       We will be asking you to sign a waiver first thing in the morning.

Feel free to call if you have questions, and don't be afraid of the
conditions, they will add a real treasuring hunting element to this great
count!

Cheryl Teuton

Aurora

303-912-3341