Hello, Birders.

Yesterday evening, Friday, Oct. 25th, I watched from 5:45-5:55 p.m. as
approximately 925 American Crows flew west toward the foothills just west of
North Broadway and US-36, Boulder County.

Today, Saturday, Oct. 26th, from 5:45 until at least 6:10, I watched Common
Grackles going over Lafayette, Boulder County, at about 15 per second. That's
22,500 Common Grackles--far less, I believe than is the total number in this
roost. The neighbors have been telling me about this phenomenon, and I'd caught
glimpses of it the past few nights, but this was the first time I actually
stood there and watched. It must be awfully noisy and dirty wherever they wind
up. Maybe they're with the crows?

Back on Thursday, Oct. 24th, I saw a Merlin at Greenlee Preserve, Boulder
County.

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado