COBirders,

I spent a few hours at Big Johnson reservoir this morning and while standing
there I had AMERICAN PIPITs, HORNED LARKs and a single SNOW BUNTING.  The Snow
Bunting was calling and flying northwest with the flock.  I have no idea if the
bird will make it back to the reservoir or not.

Then after about an hour of looking through all the birds an adult male
LONG-TAILED DUCK appeared from behind the dam.  I walked around to the east to
look behind the dam and there was a second LONG-TAILED DUCK (female type).
They eventually joined up just off the corner of the dam as you look from the
parking lot.

Other birds of note were two BONAPARTE'S GULLs, one FRANKLIN'S GULL, 1 AMERICAN
WHITE PELICAN and two COMMON LOONs.

-----
Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs