What's wrong for Atlantic Brant? Granted I have not seen much in the way of
solid field marks to pick out this odd Melville Island/Puget
Sound/'dark-bellied'/intermediate Brant, I am curious how this bird differs
from a typical east coast bird.    "Melville Island is one of two major
breeding grounds for a small sea goose, the Brant Goose.  DNA analysis and
field observations suggest that these birds may be distinct from other
brant stocks. Numbering 4,000-8,000 birds, this could be one of the rarest
goose stocks in the world."  (wiki).  Would love to tick one of the rarest
geese in the world!  Monday can't come fast enough! oh wait yeah mondays
suck.  Where can we find more info on brant ID besides national geographic?
DJH