Here are 4 photos few from today: http://bit.ly/170JMgL.

I had trouble finding Houts Reservoir from its east side, crowded with
office buildings and apartments, but discovered an easier way from its west
side. Exit 257 on I-25, then go west on highway 34 to Boyd Lake Avenue,
turn right or north and travel 0.9 miles to an unmarked dirt road on your
right or east side. On maps it is called Medford Rd. This road is south of
37th.. Wooden utility poles line its south side. Just drive east to Houts
and parking, right where I saw the Brandt, thanks to Jon Rouse, who spotted
it in the meadow north of the parking area. The Brant soon walked to the
water for some paddling with two Canada geese and an Eared Grebe. It took a
bath by doing a complete forward somersault; looked pretty frisky. If this
is a new subspecies I nominate the name *Branta bernicla mlodinowii*.

Tried for the Little Gull at Terry Lake but believe I saw, looking into the
sun, three or four Bonaparte’s Gulls on the spit by the private property
with house, east bay. Dark ear spot but no cap. They all looked little, but
if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Best,
Tom Wilberding
Boulder CO