At 1:45 today I was finishing up a bike ride around Chatfield Res and was
riding on the bike path just north of C470 along the South Platte river when I
saw a very large falcon flying directly for the South Platte Reservoir to the
West.  It flew from East to West, directly across my path and approached within
about 50 yards.  It was swiftly going in a beeline for the Reservoir and was
clearly a large Falcon.   It had strong rowing wing beats and pointed wing
tips.    It was maybe 20 yards off the ground.   It's body and underwings
appeared speckled white.   It may have been a Gray morph.

This would be a new life bird for me.   I hope others are lucky enough to see
it and that someone can confirm the ID.

Good Birding

Tom Bunker
Castle Rock, CO