I was curious about Joe's post, so I looked at my 2014 calendar and searched
for more info and learned this:  August 2014 will have five (5) full weekends,
not four (4). And this phenomenon happens more often than every 823 years
(e.g., March 2013). See this link for an explanation:
http://www.timeanddate.com/calendar/823-years.html

It's still a great reason to go out birding in August, or any month for that
matter.

Beth Dillon
Fort Collins