Riley and Heather Morris, Doug Sjhoffner, and I birded in El Paso and Pueblo
Counties today.

We spend most of morning at Fountain Creek Regional Park, where were able to
see the Swamp Sparrow.  We looked for the Winter Wren, though we couldn't find
it.

We then headed back to Pueblo, and checked Runyon Lake, where we saw a first
year Lesser Black-backed Gull.

We then went over to Pueblo City Park, and were able to see Cackling Geese, and
Wood Ducks.  The wind was too much, though we checked some sapsucker trees, and
didn't find any.

After a nice lunch, we then went to Pueblo West, where we were able to find
Scaled Quail, two Snow Geese, Great-tailed Grackles, Canvasbacks, and other
birds.

Then we ended at Pueblo Reservoir at the South Shore Marina, we saw first year
Glaucous Gull, first year Lesser Black-backed Gull, Western Grebe, and Canyon
Towhee.  Our final gull species total for the two days was seven species, no
California or Mew Gull.  The Glauous-winged yesterday was a nice bonus.

A pretty good day of birding, despite to wind, that was very gusty at times.

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO