Saw my first American Pelicans on Highland Lake this am. Also saw a pair of
young Chukars walking on the east shore and in the yards of neighbors across
the road from the lake. I'm sure the Chukars are escapees from the
Stillroven Farms gun club up the road. Bald Eagles are still making almost
daily appearances and there are several pairs of Mallards hanging around. I
haven't seen any Grebes yet. The Pheasants seem to be everywhere, especially
in my pasture/fields.

Pauli Smith

Highlandlake/Mead, Weld County