I was at the campground Saturday afternoon. The creek is still flowing strongly
and you would need at least hip boots to get across at the shallowest spots.
There wasn't much in the way of bird activity but the wildlife highlight of the
day was seeing a beaver in the creek! I was walking along the fence line from
near the picnic pavilion and heading east. I heard a splash in the water and
figured maybe a muskrat dove in. I was surprised to see a large head emerge and
then the paddle tail when it dove again.

We also walked out north of the campground on the trail along the creek up to
the headquarters buildings. We climbed the small bluffs overlooking the creek.
You could see that a lot of low lying ground was flooded, creating some nice
wetlands.

Beth Dillon
Fort Collins