Happy snowy Sunday!
   I've been meaning to update the group on the Masonville Post Office
turkey vulture roost but have been out of town (getting some birding and
ranch work done in the Hill Country of Texas).
   We spotted the first tuvu on the roost the evening of April 5. We just
checked this evening after being gone for a week+ and found 8 birds in the
poplars this evening.
   I used to share data with Alex Cringan re:counts here, arrival dates,
etc for many years and wondered if anyone has gotten access to those
records he'd kept. We were trying to determine if the individuals here in
Masonville had any relationship to those at the Mountain Ave roost in Fort
Collins, but never came to any conclusions.
    I am happy to contact his wife June to see if she has the records, but
didn't want to bother her if one of you has already done so. Not sure if
you know, but their son Alex Jr. died suddenly last month at the age of 57
and I didn't want to unnecessarily bother her again. She is likely to know
where the information is, and would be happy to share it if no one has
gotten it yet. He was meticulous in observing that roost for many, many
years and kept very detailed records which would be good to have now with
the changes occurring.
   On a related note, we were happy to find more than 6 individual
golden-cheeked warblers in a heavily treed, though dry canyon on our ranch
property in Bandera County, TX, along with several black-capped vireos in
the low lands. It is bone dry down that way - springs and creeks that have
run for 100+ year are now in their 3rd year of severe drought.
   Feel free to contact me offline if you have questions or comments.
   Cheers,
Pat Hayward
Masonville @5400', Larimer County