Bill Maynard, Glenn Walbek, and I were all able to see and photograph the
Yellow-throated Warbler this morning, first found yesterday by Tyler Stuart and
friends (great find!).  The bird is a male, since, when Glenn was arriving, the
bird decided to start singing!  He sang quite nicely several times.  The bird
was finding food in the cottonwood trees along the trunk and branches, above
the banding station at Chico Basin Ranch (fee area), El Paso County.  There
were quite a few other birds here as well:  at least three Eastern Bluebirds,
two Mountain Chickadees, a Brown Creeper, four or so Spotted Towhees,
"Gray-headed" Dark-eyed Juncos, a Townsend's Solitaire, a Downy Woodpecker,
among other birds.

On the Pueblo side of the Ranch, one female "Audubon's" Yellow-rumped Warbler
was at the Headquarters Willows, also two Spotted Towhees, and more
"Gray-headed" Dark-eyed Juncos were in this area too.

On the Headquarters Pond in Pueblo County, there were six yellowlegs, 3 Greater
and 3 Lesser Yellowlegs (finally I see a Yellowlegs in CO this year, am I the
last one?).  There were also some Vesper Sparrows around here as well.

I forgot to mention previously, last Tuesday, Bill and I found and photographed
a Lapland Longspur, on the Pueblo County side of the Ranch, south of Rose Pond.

Photos of the warbler can be seen on flickr site (this one shows a bug its
mouth):  https://www.flickr.com/photos/brandonsbirdphotos/13858235575/

Good birding,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO