Just a quick reminder, people who are submitting bird checklists to e-bird from
Chico Basin Ranch, need to submit at least two checklists.  One for the Pueblo
County side and one for El Paso County side.  Each county has its own filter.

The Pueblo County side of the Ranch, includes the Headquarters area, Rose Pond,
May Camp, Upper Twin Pond, Lower Twin Pond, and all of the southern part of the
Ranch.

The El Paso County side of the Ranch, that most people visit, is the RMBO
Banding Station, Casita, Bell Grove.

The County line, is the road at the cattle guard that goes straight east.
North of this cattle guard and road is El Paso County everything South is
Pueblo County.  This is the FIRST cattle guard north of the Headquarters.

There is a map of birding locations of the Ranch, on Chico Basin Ranch website.

Also, the Northern Bobwhite, Ring-necked Pheasant, and Chukar found at Chico
Basin Ranch, are released birds for hunting, therefore NOT countable as wild
birds.  Hopefully the e-bird reviewers aren't accepting these birds, as wild
birds.  My group saw Northern Bobwhites today, though I did not include them in
my e-bird reports, since the birds aren't going on my year list or anything,
since they aren't wild/countable birds.

Hopefully Chris Wood from E-bird, can explain why it is important to report
sightings to e-bird, to the correct county.

Thanks,

Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO