Yesterday, Daren O'Brien and I went to Crow Valley Camprground and made a
quick stop at Lower Latham.  Crow Valley was still birdy with very little
turnover or new arrivals. The birds of interest were Black-and-White Warbler,
Ovenbird, Broad-winged Hawk and a nice looking Macgillvray's Warbler.  The rest
of the migrants( Lincoln Sparrows, yellowthroats, yellow-rumps, gnatcatchers,
house wrens, western kingbirds, etc) were in good numbers.  Only one
vireo(Plumbeous), one Thrush(Swainson's) no tanagers, 2 orioles, and 0
grosbeaks.
  The number of shorebirds at Lower Latham had a sharp drop since last Sunday.
The best bird here was a low flyover from a Sandhill Crane!  While birding at
Lower Latham a truck approached us while bird along RD 48.  We gave them a
friendly way but didn't get one in return.  He approached my vehichle and
looked like he was taking my license plate number and then drove away.  I just
wanted everyone to be aware that the behavior continues....A few photos of the
uncommon birds can be seen below:

http://jaeger29.smugmug.com/BIRDS/RARE-AND-UNCOMMON-2014#!/

  Mark Chavez
Lakewood-Green Mtn